Wednesday, February 8, 2012

eat: valentine's sweet treats

The boyfriend and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day; although I have requested bbq'd tenderloin wrapped in bacon for dinner that night. Nothing says romance like bacon, right? (;

Our plan is to have a cozy, cuddly night in - watching New Girl and devouring seasonal sweet treats from two of my favourite bakeries, Crave and Duchess. If those names sound familiar to you, it's because I've extolled their delicious virtures: herehere, and here.

Both shops are offering an assortment of mouth-watering delectables that I'm not about to pass on (no matter how I feel about a day that seems to force romance on the masses.)

Prepare to drool, peeps.

Crave Cookies and Cupcakes
Sweets 6
{via}
I warned you about drooling, didn't I? The choco-tarts are filled with vanilla bean infused caramel topped with Valrhona Caramelia milk chocolate ganache and finished with a pinch of sea salt. And the cupcakes? They're Crave's take on black forest cake - chocolate cherry cake with kirsch ganache. I'll take one of each, please!

Crave has other delicousness up their sleeve. They're offering sugar cookie "love letters" with custom messages written on them.  I'd get "Ja te volim" and "Ko te pito" written on mine - which mean "I love you" and "Who asked you?" in Croatian. Two of the first phrases I taught Scotty to say.

Duchess Bake Shop
Sweets
{via}
The pink delectables directly above are the appropriately named, L'Amour. They're macarons filled with raspberries, rose ganache, lychee buttercream, raspberry jam and lychees. Can you say heavenly? I've already pre-ordered mine. You probably should, too.

And the sweets in the tea cup? Remember eating Red Hots as a kid? They're cinnamon heart meringues!

So, do you celebrate Valentine's Day? Will you and your sweetie be out on the town or are you staying in and canoodling? I'd love to hear your take on the day between February 13 and 15.

Hope you're having a fantastic Wednesday!

Dajana (:

11 comments:

  1. Oooh...these treats look so good.
    I'm party of one [sigh] so my Valentine's Day "celebration" may look a little different than most, but last year two of my closest girlfriends and I got together for a night in of girl time and goodies ;) We plan to do it again this year so I'm kinda looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like fun, Amy!

      I think the key thing (on any given day) is to spend time with the people you love and those that love you. It doesn’t necessarily have to be someone you’d canoodle with. (;

      You’re going to have a grand ol’time with your ladyfriends… especially if you serve that amazing mango stilton cheese.

      Delete
  2. They all look delicious!


    By the way I gave you an award on my blog so check it out :)
    http://www.mysocalledhome.com/2012/02/liebster-love.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was really sweet of you to do, Hilary! Many thanks, lady. (:

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Those look gorgeous and TASTY! I may have to pass this on to my husband as a hint. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a great idea, Hannah. Scrumptious gifts are the best.

      p.s. I'm going to try your super bowl bean dip this weekend. (:

      Delete
  4. Mmmmm....Mmmmm...Mmmmm... That's all I can say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they look scrumptious, Kat? Let's go to Duchess on our next coffee date. I think Brody needs to be introduced to macarons and scones and meringues! (;

      Delete
    2. Looks mouth watering! We should definitely go there. Probably Saturday or Sunday because they are closed Monday. Or maybe after work. I've never been there but heard a lot and even have GC to use.

      Delete
    3. Alice and I want to come too!! She's drooling over here. Ok, she's always drooling but I'm sure this time it's cause of all these yummies!!

      Delete
    4. Let's introduce all of the babes (including Kat) to Duchess!

      I'll text you both a possible date. (:

      Delete

Yes, please! Comments make me happy, but please keep them kind. That means you anonymous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...