So, off we went last weekend on a three-day mini-getaway/road trip to Canmore and Banff. It was exactly what we needed (‘cause last week was a doozy, friends). The fresh mountain air was refreshing and revitalizing, and that never ending list of should, could & must dos from home instantly disappeared from my mind.
We rented a condo at the Falcoln Crest Lodge - explored Canmore and Banff, took long walks, rode the gondola at Sulphur Mountain (so fun!), ate good food, snuggled by the fire and relished in our time together... away from it all.
Here are a few photos of our trip, if you'd like to see...
The majestic scenery takes your breath away, doesn't it? We love this part of Alberta and can't wait to come back. During our trip, I secretly pretended we lived there. I'm such a dreamer (and a nerd).
Have you ever visited Canmore? Or Banff? Either way, here are some suggestions...
A mini travelogue:
- Ride the Sulphur Mountain gondola. It offers insane & exhilirating views of six mountain ranges.
- Eat at Bella Crusta. This Canmore eatery makes THE best focaccia chicken salad sandwiches.
- Try the smoked sweet potato cheesecake at Iron Goat in Canmore. Smoky sweet & delish!
- Have a beaver tail pastry smothered in nutella at Beaver Tails in Banff. So dang good.
- Visit Bow Falls. Just don't walk out onto the ice like I did. Poor Scott kept calling me back.
- The gorgeous Banff Springs Hotel is definitely worth a look. Even if you're not staying there.
- Keep your eyes open for wildlife. The deer, elk, birds and rabbits are all around you!
- Got a sweet tooth? Stop by the Banff Sweet Shoppe for all sorts of candies & fudge.
- Go dog sledding! Our tour was cancelled because of avalanche blasting. Drat! But we'll be back.
- Hike the Grassi Lakes Trail. An easy 4 km hike that leads to two stunning aquamarine lakes.
- And if you're in the mood for sharing, try Canmore's Tapas Restaurant. It's delicious & romantic (;