Tuesday, April 15, 2014

style: spring wishlist

Yes, I am alive! And truly thankful for your wonderful comments and happy thoughts sent my way during my last "Guess what? I left my job and have been a Lady of Leisure for the past few months" post. After said post, I celebrated my 39th birthday and was hired for a freelance writing gig and a full time communications gig. It's interesting how the universe responds when you put yourself out there. It's been a thrilling few weeks, to say the least, and I'm happy to begin a new professional adventure during a fresh new season.

Speaking of which, happy Spring! In celebration of my employment (and extra pocket money), here are some lovely pieces for warmer weather...

A2235_RD6463A1035_NA6148            
948_3_845                       2490552712_1_1_1
6840064400_1_1_1image1xxl
A3756_KP2635_mLace
DRESS-CAFTAN-CURELEAN-1-5_0

1, 2. Pretty pretty from Madewell. The red number is almost entirely sold out. Dangnabbit.
3, 4. Sigh worthy sandals & fun flats (the kind of shoes I live in during the summer). These are the 'wish' part of my wishlist. Plus, how is it that I found out about Loeffler Randal only recently?
5. Florals always catch my eye. I'm especially digging this Zara bomber, but this blazer is fun, too.
6. Distressed denim. I'm kinda obsessed but have yet to pull the trigger. This pair has been sitting in my shopping bag for much too long.
7. Animal print is my jam. Plus, it's always in style no matter the season.
8, 9. Modern updates to the ubiquitous tshirt from J.Crew and Zara.
10. I have no effing clue where I'd even wear this gorgeous caftan (on a yacht?), but I love it.

Thoughts? What's on your wish list?

Spring can be a challenging time for Alberta ladies. For example, it snowed today (the irony of the timing of this 'spring' post is not lost on me). One minute we're prepping our feet for toe exposing sandals and the next we're cursing ourselves for putting away our snow boots. Here's to ditching our socks and tights once and for all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you & this new journey!! Though lady of leisure sounds pretty sweet too, let's get back to that down the road shall we? ;-) So much spring loveliness. That linen tee from Zara is a fave!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dajana, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Yes, please! Comments make me happy, but please keep them kind. That means you anonymous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...