Wednesday, December 23, 2015

my 7 month pregnancy update


Hello third trimester! Where has the time gone? Every morning I wake up and get a surge of excitement knowing that in less than two months I'll have these babies in my arms and our family will finally be complete after years of infertility. Life is good!

Here's the latest on all things pregnancy:

How far along... 29 weeks 5 days.

Eating... everything! Since I got a prescription for Losec, an acid reflux medication, my love affair with food has returned. And that makes me so damn happy. I want to eat ALL the food and sometimes I do just that (hello two dinners!).

Feeling... exhausted. I've had to cut back on my social activities these past couple of months. I can only handle walking Lucy and one errand/meet-up per day.

Names... we finally agreed on names after months of vetoing and making fun of each others choices. Sadly Milo, Cass and Arlo did not make the cut.

Cravings... so many! Ice to start. I am obsessed with eating ice. Even just writing ice makes me want to crunch on some. Add to that: chocolate milk, pomegranates, avocados, makimono rolls, Mexican tortilla soup, potato pancakes, clam chowder, coffee crisp chocolate bars, bacon, sweet potatoes, egg nog and steamed milk with chestnut praline syrup from Starbucks.

Weight gain... 26 pounds. Thankfully most of it's babies and belly.


Mood... pregnancy hormones have hit me with a vengeance recently, poor Scotty. And they are SO the boss of me! Overall I'm pretty upbeat, happy and excited but I've also had a couple of days where I've been in a slump, bursting into inexplicable tears multiple times. During these episodes, you can find Scott and Lucy hiding in the laundry room.

Anxiety... I mentioned to a former radio colleague that my anxiety has been rearing its ugly head. She had this brilliant response: "I panicked the entire 40 weeks and didn't stop until I was holding my healthy little baby in my arms. Then an entirely new panic set in. I remember a friend of mine telling me to trust. Just trust. And I clung to that... every time there was a weird pain, strange sensation and after every ultrasound. I know you are the kind of person that is doing everything right at this moment and I hope you can get some comfort from that."

    Favourite moments... at our last ultrasound, the technician, without being prompted showed us the boys in 3D. WHOA. Seeing them in 3D blew our minds and I uttered the word, "Wow!" about a million times. It was beyond cool. Both babies are healthy, super active, and are measuring a week ahead of schedule. (You can see them below, I think Twin B looks like me. The middle picture of them touching heads hits me right in the ticker box and makes me love them even more.) They both weigh about 3 pounds which makes me happy. Every time they move I get a wave of serotonin and burst of total joy. Love this part of pregnancy!


    Aches or pains... horrid restless leg syndrome keeps me up at night (or is that insomnia?) and my ribs feel like they're about to split apart but other than that I'm doing okay. Uncomfortable, but okay. I've been using Japanese mint oil on my legs and that seems to help, may try drinking coconut water too.

    Exercise... I'm still walking Lucy every day, but the distance has decreased from 7 km (in the first and second trimesters) to 3 or 4 km. I've also stopped going to the dog park and walk her exclusively in our 'hood now. Scott was worried that if anything happened it'd be hard for emergency workers to find my pregnant ass in the wilds of Buena Vista park. And he's right.

    Missing... eating copious amounts of sashimi! And oysters. And prosciutto. Also, being able to put on socks without looking like I'm rehearsing for an SNL physical comedy sketch (so awkward!). Missing my fully functioning brain, too. Pregnancy brain is very much a real thing. There have been days where I probably should've remained silent and used gestures and pointed at things to communicate. The stuff that comes out of my mouth is pure crazy talk and oftentimes beyond embarrassing.

    Excited about... seeing the little dudes at our next ultrasound on January 4! Plus, Scott started painting the nursery this week. Hope to have a nursery update posted soon!

    Seven more weeks, peeps (yep, 37 weeks is considered full term for twins). This pregnancy is flying by and we are so not ready. Insert maniacal laughter here.

    12 comments:

    1. Amazing photos!! And I loved this update! You look beautiful! Can't believe in less than 3 months we'll meet our babies! xo

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks so much Marie! 2016 is going to be so awesome for both of us (:

        Delete
    2. You are one stylin Mama! The last weeks will go by so quickly and before you know it your littles will be here!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Glad you are doing so well!! I know you have a doctor, but craving ice during pregnancy (or generally) can be a sign of low iron/anemia. I started chewing ice like crazy when I was pregnant this last time and that is super unusual for me. I just CRAVED it. Anyway - I had very low iron and needed to take supplements. May be worth checking out if chewing ice isn't normal for you. :-) Merry Christmas!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Lovely update D. "Just trust" struck a chord. The best advice I ever received was to "listen to YOUR baby". In other words, don't do what everyone else does or suggests; just do what feel right for you guys in any given moment. :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Ugh I just wrote a nice and witty comment and then deleted it...here we go again:
      (a) I can't believe you're 7 months! (b) it's now a month after you wrote this so you are closer to 8 months (c) YAYYYYYYY YOU!! xooxoxoxo

      ReplyDelete
    6. IVF treatment can offer a solution for fertility problems experienced by both men and women.
      There is a string of IVF Centers in India which excels in rendering top-flight infertility treatment.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Very lovely post shared by you .. Motherhood is an important part of the life of any woman. Problem occurs when any woman or female facing Infertility Problem or problem in Conceiving, this is the time when any couple looking for the best IVF Centre in the town.

      ReplyDelete
    8. You are perfectly following the healthy habits. Every women should take you as an inspiration for fighting with infertility. After many struggles, you have gotten a success pregnancy.

      ReplyDelete
    9. I am jovial you take pride in what you write.It makes you stand way out from many other writers that can not push high-quality content like you. حوامل

      ReplyDelete
    10. Are you looking for IVF treatment for pregnancy then SWCIC is the topmost fertility hospital in Hyderabad? We provide the best treatments IVF, IVM, IUI, ICSI, and laser hatching many more treatments. We offer advanced medical technologies and treatment styles for fertility and the success rate is very high. To book an appointment visit our website.

      ReplyDelete

    Yes, please! Comments make me happy, but please keep them kind. That means you anonymous!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...