Sunday, February 26, 2012

drink: silver screen punch

And the Oscar for best punch goes to...

{via}
 

Happy Sunday, friends! I hope your weekend has been fantastic, so far.

Are you watching the Oscar's tonight? I'm most looking forward to seeing who's wearing what on the red carpet. As for the Best Picture nominees, I've seen and enjoyed The Descendants, The Help and Midnight in Paris (which I reviewed here). I'm hoping to add The Artist to the list when I see it with my ladyfriends, next month.

Although I'm not throwing an Oscar viewing party, I am hosting my Literary Ladies book club today. In honour of the Academy Awards, I'm going to mix the ladies up a bowl of Silver Screen Punch - a fruity concoction the stars will be indulging in at the Governor's Ball following the awards ceremony. Cheers to drinking like a celebrity!

Silver Screen Punch

Ingredients:
1 (6 ounce) can pink lemonade concentrate
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup frozen strawberries
½ teaspoon grated ginger
1 cup vodka
1 bottle of Champagne or sparkling wine
1 pineapple, cut into rings and frozen

Instructions:
In a blender, combine pink lemonade concentrate, pineapple juice, strawberries, and ginger. Blend until smooth. Pour into a punch bowl. Add vodka and stir to combine. Just before serving, pour in Champagne or sparkling wine.

Tip: To avoid watering down the punch, use frozen pineapple slices instead of ice cubes. Once the pineapple slices melt, they'll just add more juice to the mix!

Recipe found here.

10 comments:

  1. This looks so refreshing...I just wish it wasn't all blizzardy outside. This punch would be that much better if I was sitting outside in my backyard with flowers and grass and sunshine around me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was refreshing, Amy! And it was all gone by the end of our book club meeting. I'm making a double batch, next time.

      p.s. I know what you mean about it being blizzardy. Edmonton received almost 20 cm of the fluffy stuff this weekend. It's a winter wonderland! (:

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my 'adapted for the nursing mother' version of the punch, C! I had such a good time at our meeting... almost forgot about my broken head. (;

      Delete
  3. Nam nam! This punch is Vkusnatina (Delicious)!
    I was going to ask you for recipe. Happy that is here now.
    I would like the cake recipe too please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat! I'm glad you liked the refreshments. Will send you the lemon poppyseed cake recipe - minus the poppyseeds. (;

      Delete
  4. oohhh. my. that sounds like the most delicious tasting drink ever! Writing it down now. =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty tasty, Kristina! I made it using grapefruit Perrier instead of sparkling wine because two of our book club members are nursing. Next time, I'll make it boozy. (:

      Delete
  5. This sounds absolutely scrumptious, and I love the tip about nixing ice cubes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pure yumminess Gloria, and the pineapple slices worked out quite well.

      Thanks so much for commenting! (:

      Delete

Yes, please! Comments make me happy, but please keep them kind. That means you anonymous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...