Wednesday, July 6, 2011

styling the weekend: girls trip!

Friends, I have something monumental to tell you. I finally met the man of style himself, Clinton Kelly. Yes, I did! And he was just as fun and fabulous in person, as he is on What Not to Wear.


Post image for Styling your Life with Clinton Kelly in Calgary
image via getdown.ca

Remember when I wrote about Clinton's much-heralded visit to Calgary here and here? Shortly afterwards, my friends Ayesha, Nathalie, Kat, and I bought tickets for the June 18th hootenanny, and then we were off on our styling the weekend girls trip!


Kat, me, Ayesha & Nathalie
 I asked my ladyfriend Ayesha to share some of her fav moments. Here they are in no particular order of wonderfulness:
  • The fierce/excited/giddy foursome depart the Budget Rent-a-car office in Edmonton, ready to head on the QE2 and get the stylish job done. But then… what happens?… they merge onto Calgary Trail and turn into Starbucks two minutes later.
  • Opening the door to our amazing hotel room at Hôtel Le Germain – it was spacious, beautifully decorated in a modern chic style – and the duvet cover and the bed itself were so cozy and comfortable. We were impressed! (Dajana: I fell asleep minutes after my head hit the fluffy pillowy goodness. It was pure linen love.)

hotel room


  • Driving around looking at posh homes in the Mission Hill area of Calgary, singing along to Madonna classics like, "Holiday," and "Express Yourself." We were on a high after eating delectable desserts at the fantastic Tango Bistro that evening.
  • Dajana taking action in her Take Action Anthro dress so we could meet Clinton and asking him a respectable/good question! She introduced us girls to him, and he smiled at us warmly. It was priceless. (Dajana: Yes, I waved my arms around madly trying to get his attention & was successful in bringing him over to where we were seated. Yay! Mission accomplished.)

Calgary girls trip!
What to Wear when meeting Clinton Kelly - can you spot the Anthro pieces?
  • Also priceless – Clinton taking an oath at the end of his presentation, and beginning it by saying, "I, Clinton Kelly, the fabulous..." We couldn’t agree more. Funny and down-to-earth, he was well worth the trip and the investment in some quality girlfriend time. Thanks, Mr. Kelly for bringing us together.  (Dajana: Couldn't have said it better myself - thanks Ayesha! Take a bow ladyfriend - you did good. You come back now, y'hear?)
Shopping on 17th Ave. We made a necessary stop at Purr.
It's pretty clear that we had an amazing time, right?! I honestly can not remember the last time I laughed so flippin' hard. These ladies were solid travel companions (for example: my roomie Kat graciously volunteered to style my hair & she also helped me decide on what shoes to wear). In fact, we had such a good time there's talk of an October trip to Calgary. We hear it's quite lovely there in the fall. ;)

Ciao for now friends!

Dajana  xoxo


p.s. Wanna see where we ate? Sure thing, meet me back here for some delish food pics.

4 comments:

  1. Sad I missed it :-(
    I"m glad you had a great time and met Mr. K.
    :-)
    - paperchic

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls look so stylin' and so does that hotel!! That bed is calling my name!

    Sounds like such a fab trip, I'm hoping to get in on the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Lucky ladies you are. Love this post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. paperchic - sorry you missed it too. You would have loved clinton, the restos & the shopping. Fall road trip, coming up!

    Christine - once summer is over, let's start planning a fall jaunt to Calgary. Maybe another stay at Hotel Le Germain is in order? I think baby would really like it.

    Amy - thanks for your sweet comment! What are you doing in October lady? :)

    ReplyDelete

Yes, please! Comments make me happy, but please keep them kind. That means you anonymous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...