Long-lasting, chip free polish? Sign me up, please.
I recently had my third Shellac manicure and I absolutely love it. It's my new favourite indulgence.
- It lasts for about 2 to 4 weeks.
- It goes on like polish but sets like gel.
- It takes about the same amount of time as a regular mani.
- The high gloss colour stays shiny and flawless.
- No nicks, chips or smudges even with my multiple hours of typing a day.
- I don't have to worry about reaching for my keys and ruining my freshly done nails.
- It prevents me from biting my nails. This is huge for me.
- I feel like a lady when my nails are pretty and presentable.
The chic and understated neutral I'm wearing above is OPI’s Over the Taupe. I've renamed it Café au Lait. It’s a very “ladies who lunch” shade, wouldn't you agree?
One thing to note, Shellac manicures are only offered in salons and by nail professionals. If you live in Edmonton, you can visit my lovely esthetician, Amaris. The lady is a perfectionist and is the only person I trust with my nails. I’m persnickety, that way. Message me if you'd like her contact info.
If you'd like more info on Shellac, check out this review from Nails Magazine, this NY Times article or this blog post.
Hope you're having a lovely Friday, friends. I'm off for sashimi with the boy.
p.s. My scooter mug is from here. It turns tea time into a fun event.