Wednesday, August 3, 2016

happy 6 months, luka and oliver!

IMG_1583IMG_1589

I have two 6-month-olds. It's hard to fathom! The months have flown by, but we've also had moments that felt like forever. Although it's been a crazy whirlwind life adjustment becoming parents to twins (they've cried & I've cried) Luka and Oliver have taught us about selfless love in such a short time and have enriched our lives in a way I could never articulate. Parenthood isn't for the faint hearted, but the growth you experience is incredible! Every day I'm finding strength I never knew I had and it's all because of my sweet baby boys. I often hear Elizabeth Stone's quote floating in my head and feel it in the depths of my heart, “Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

Consistency may not always be my forte but I was determined to take monthly pictures of the boys on their quilts. And I did! Just look at how much they've grown and changed since their birth day on February 3rd. They both weighed six pounds at birth and now Luka weighs 22 while Ollie weighs 23 pounds. They're my curious, fun loving, beautiful chubba bubbas. This week we started sleep training and a few weeks ago the boys started eating solids. They're also able to sit up fairly well and flash their sweet smiles at the people they know. When I sing to them, they light up and storytime is also a favourite of theirs. Time truly has wings! The NICU and all of the weeks we spent there seem like a distant memory.

IMG_1614

Love you, my sweet Luka. Your adorable cheeky grins are sometimes too much to bear. Thank you for showing me, through your heart struggles, to live in the moment and that relationships are above anything else. Your resilience at such a young age is inspiring. You've also taught me to go in to each day and to take it for what it ends up being instead of what I want it to be. You have made life beautiful and I'm so grateful to be your mama! Happy half birthday, little dude!

IMG_1617

Love you, my sweet Ollie. Thank you for your kind nature, innate curiosity and instantaneous smiles that light up a room. You have brought indescribable joy to my life. Having you at home to care for helped get me through the sadness of leaving your brother behind in the hospital, day after day, night after night. You have made life beautiful and I'm so grateful to be your mama! Happy half birthday, little dude!

And here they are at one month old (so itty bitty! Luka's picture was taken at the hospital):

IMG_1618

“Sometimes,” said Pooh, “the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” xoxo

15 comments:

  1. They are so precious! What sweet, sweet little dudes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on taking the pics lady! You know how much I love this already xo
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You almost don't recognize them from month one! What amazing growth they've had! Love their rolls, so sweet. Taking monthly photos was so much more work and challenging than I thought it would be too - so nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God, they are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute.. I just want to pinch there cheeks <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dajana, congrats on having 2 amazing and so adorable boys! I thing you're full of happiness right now :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute baby. If you need baby pillows and blankets, you can refer to this list https://www.diyleevs.com.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, please! Comments make me happy, but please keep them kind. That means you anonymous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...